A+ Core Hardware 220-302 Exam !
Looking for help with your
Have you exhausted all of the online resources but still don't feel you are ready to write?
A+ Core Hardware 220-301 Exam?
Is your note taking ability stretched to the limit?
Do you find all the resource records packed with too much fluff?
Do you need a concise, easy to read, detailed summary of the key topics to know?
We offer 165 pages of topical information that will help you pass the exam!
The file is in Microsoft Word format and contains an
alphabetized listing of the key points to study.
Increase your knowledge now!
Save yourself time!
Save yourself money!
This is just a small sample of what you will find in this terrific document
There are 130 pages packed with information without any of the fluff or unecessary text to read
- Battery Types
- · Nickel Cadmium battery is not environmentally friendly and not as efficient as Nickel / Metal hydride or Lithium Ion.
- · Nickel / Metal hydride, though environmentally friendly, not as efficient as Lithium Ion.
- · Lithium Ion battery is environmentally friendly and very efficient.
- Beep Codes for Common IBM beeps
BIOS - Basic Input Output System
- · No Beep Motherboard or power failure
- · 1 short beep All POST operations completed successfully
- · a repeating short beep Power Supply may be bad
- · 2 short beeps POST error
- · 1 long beep, 1 short beep Motherboard error
- · 1 long beep, 2 short beeps Video adapter failed
- · 1 long beep, 3 short beeps Video adapter error
- o check for monitor power cable
- o check video cable from monitor to PC
- o check display adapter inside PC
· 3 long beeps Keyboard failure
- · the first program to run during a system boot sequence
- · Is used to reserve IRQs for non Plug N Play devices
- · BIOS configuration is saved in CMOS memory
- · IDE ATA settings are included in BIOS
- · Network adapters, printers and modems are NOT configured in BIOS
- · Can be upgraded with a flash BIOS upgrade program usually resident on a diskette
- · BIOS upgrades DO NOT affect jumper settings in any way
- · BIOS DOES NOT look for the manufacturer of a PnP card when first installed
- · BIOS DOES NOT check the processor ID
- · BIOS DOES NOT disable other cards when installing a new PnP card
- · The BIOS manages the disk as physical sectors
- · BIOS routines begin when the computer is booted
- · made up of 3 main operations.
- · always look in the same place in the system BIOS ROM for the start of the BIOS boot program. This is normally located at FFFF0h - right at the end of the system memory.
- Fire Classifications
- · Class A:
- o Wood, cloth, rubber, paper and some types of plastics.
- o Class A extinguishers are water based.
- · Class B:
- o gasoline, oil, paint natural and propane gases, flammable liquids, gases and greases.
- o Class B extinguishers contain dry chemicals, foam or liguid C02
- o To fight class B fires use
- § A standard dry chemical
- § A multi-purpose dry chemical
- § A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher
- § NEVER use a water based fire extinguisher
- · Class C:
- o Fires that involve all the materials in Classes A and B fires, but with the introduction of an electrical appliance, wiring, or other electrically energized objects in the vicinity of the fire.
- o Class C extinguishers use C02 or Halon.
- o The BEST Class C fire extinguisher for use in computer-related fire is a Class BC Halon or CO2 extinguisher
- § This unit dispenses a gas, which denies the fire air and cools the burning object. It leaves behind no residue and does no damage to the electronics
- o Class BC Bisodium Powder.
- § unit dispenses a powder, basically baking soda, combined with other chemicals, that smothers the fire by denying it air.
- § powder is corrosive and very hard to clean. Any powder residue should be removed as soon as it is safe to do so, as it can corrode the electronic components inside the computer.
- o Class ABC Monomonium Phosphate. This unit also dispenses a powder that smothers the fire. Again, this powder is very corrosive and should be removed as soon as possible.
- · Class D:
- o Fires that involve combustible metals such as sodium, magnesium and potassium.
- o Class D extinguishers typically contain graphite or sodium chloride.
- Slot types
- · Type 1
- o A type 1 card fits into a type 11 slot
- o A type 1 card fits into a type 111 slot
- o Type 1cards are 3.3 mm thick
- o Commonly used for memory cards
- · Type 11
- o A type 11 card fits into a type 111 slot
- o A type 11 card DOES NOT fit into a type 1 slot
- o Type 11 cards are 5 mm thick
- o Used for modems and LAN adapters
- o They are the most commonly used card
- o PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association) card Type II is used commonly with modems and network cards. PCMCIA cards are also known as PC cards for short.
- · Type 111
- o A type 111 card DOES NOT fit into a type 11 or a type 1 slot
- o Type 111 cards are 10.5 mm thick
- o A laptop has just a single type 111 slot
- o Used with computers that have a removable hard disk drive
- o Commonly used as PC Hard Disks
- Slow Internet connections
- · Caused by an outdated modem driver that could cause the modem to be working at a slower speed
- · A noisy phone line will cause slower modem speeds due to errors which will force retransmissions
Buy Now - And You'll Be CERTIFIED In No Time ...
whole process is electronic
!! NO SHIPPING !! NO POSTAGE CHARGE !! NO HANDLING CHARGE!!
JUST YOUR PAYMENT!
WHAT COULD BE EASIER!!
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS OFFER!!! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE???
Buy It now
- TERMS OF SALE
- Buy with Confidence
- All prices are in US Funds
- Seller not responsible for goods lost in transit
- On receipt of your PAYPAL payment confirmation these digital products will be available to you by download
- PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Buy it NOW for only $9.95 USD
- Paypal payments preferred, using credit card or paypal account
- No Personal Cheques
- All sales final. If you have a problem let me know.
- SHIPPING INFO - NO SHIPPING CHARGE
- NO Shipping charges to US
- NO Shipping charges to CANADA
- NO Shipping charges INTERNATIONAL
- NO postage, packing or handling fees!!
- If you have any questions about this item or any other of my products, I urge you to email me before buying and I will reply as soon as possible.
Thank you for your purchase.
Check out the ebooks we have available for sale www.Resellerights.com