Things You Should Know
by: Gerardas Norkus
Gardens come in different varieties like the plants you find in them.
There are several gardening tips that can be used for all type of gardens.
1.Mulching protects your garden topsoil from being blown away. It also
provides nutrients as it decomposes and improves the appearance of your
gardens. Mulching has other benefits and is one of the most recommended
gardening tips by gardeners and farmers alike.
2.Healthy plants are more disease resistant. Plant are like people, a
person with a strong immune system can combat diseases. A healthy plant
does the same.
3. Pests can be eradicated by cleaning the plant with a watery solution
of soap. Just make sure to rinse after. This gardening tip is best heeded
for fruit bearing trees or edible plants.
4. Using compost fertilizers are a great way to have healthy plants. It
is also a great way to save money on expensive fertilizers. Non -organic
fertilizers also tend to leave chemical residues that can accumulate in
garden soils and harm not only the plants but the gardeners as well. They
cause toxins to go to the water supplies. Another gardening tip
recommended not just by farmers and gardeners but also by
5. There are several plants that are only suitable for a specified
climate, a certain kind of soil or can only grow with certain plants. You
have to know what plant grow in the conditions you have in your area this
is for you to avoid unnecessary purchases. This is a money saving
6.Landscaping is a good investment which can double the value of your
home. This is one gardening tip that can earn you money.
7. Growing grass on bare ground is an easy way to make your home look
better and appreciate in value. This is one gardening tip that promotes
earning money while growing grass legally.
8. Aside from looking great in your home, trees also provide some sort
of protection from direct sunlight exposure and strong winds.
9. Vines on the walls, fences and overhead structures also would offer
some protection and would also look great.
10.Flowers are beautiful, but they are also expensive. Get one that is
resistant to many elements. Flowers from your local community already have
developed resistance to conditions present in your area.
11.For most gardens plants, their roots go only as deep as 6 inches.
Putting fertilizer deeper than that would be a waste of money. Put them
shallower as they seep down when the plants are being watered.
12.Earthworms are important to plants. They till and aerate the soil
for the roots to breathe. Non-organic fertilizers can kill them. This
gardening tip dates back to the old days of gardening.
13. Having several kinds of insects that are beneficial to your garden
would be good. These insects can be encouraged to stay by having diverse
plants in your garden.
14. Spot spraying weeds with household vinegar, instead of using
commercial weed-killers, can eradicate them. This is another environment
friendly gardening tip.
15. Avoid putting too much mulch on tree trunks, this would encourage
unwanted pests to reside on them.
16. Use plant varieties that are common to your area or have been taken
from an area with similar conditions.
17. Be sure to know the plants that are poisonous. If you are intent on
growing them, make sure to have the necessary cure available in your
household. Take note of this gardening tip, it can save your life.
18. The best time to water plants is during mornings.
19. Before planting a new plant in your garden, you must consider its
height and size when it matures. This garden tip can help you save money
in the future.
20. Newly transplanted plants may require special attention during its
first week. This is to reduce the stress and shock it got during
And last but not the least of the gardening tips...
21.Plants are living entities. If you want them to grow in your garden
you have to treat them as such. They need to be taken care of. They are
like your pets, you look out for them. In return you get that feeling of
contentment watching them thrive.
A good way to take care of them is to consider that plants might have
some feelings too.